Monday, December 04, 2006

Gwyneth: Lost in Translation

Gwyneth Paltrow responded today to reports that she gave a Portuguese newspaper a quote that "the British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans."

Says Paltrow: "I felt so upset to be completely misconstrued and I never, ever would have said that. I definitely did not say that I think the British are more intelligent and civilized than Americans. I am a New York girl, that's how I always think of myself and see myself."

Paltrow denies giving an interview specifically to the Portuguese paper, although she did give a press conference -- in Spanish -- for an endorsement she did in Spain. "Obviously I need to go back to seventh-grade Spanish!" quips Paltrow.

Update: Ha! The ever-worldly Evil T just emailed me to remind me that they don't speak Spanish in Portugal. Hee hee, maybe Gwyneth needs to go back to seventh-grade social studies instead. I should probably go with her.

UpdateUpdate: In fairness, perhaps the writing staff of that Portuguese daily needs to brush up on their Spanish. Or, you know, stop fabricating stories.

rolex watches said...

Fake rolex watches-- There is no secret thatRolex watchesis one of the most beloved watches all over the world.Replica rolex watches are exact imitation from the originals. Each piece is paid closely attention in manufacturing, and inspected carefully before it was taken out of the warehouse. Choose one of elegant and classic models, and enjoy every moment in life with our amazing timepiece of first-class quality at reasonable price. :)


Rolex watches