Wednesday, December 06, 2006

New York Trying to Make People Less Fat



New York City is on the cusp of banning the use of trans fats in all of its eateries. By mid 2008 many restaurants will not only have to ban the use of these heart-clogging fats, but also post calorie counts on their menus.
This means that all of the places that use deep fat fryers, which are used to make many of my favorite dishes, will have to find alternate oils. Big fast food restaurants are obviously freaking out over this since they cook their foods in quite frightening ways to begin with.
I wouldn't say that New Yorkers are fat, but on a serious note, getting kids to eat food that won't eventually kill them down the line is always a good idea. I hope that my occasional chocolate cake doughnut from Dunkin Doughnuts will still taste the same cause mmmmm, I like doughnuts.